7/08/2005

I'm starting this blog with a report on a new line stage I built according to John Broskie's "Aikido" design. I chose to use 6SN7 tubes; their gain works out to be just right in my system.

I've been listening for a day now, and the sound is excellent, and I hope it will just get better when I replace the awful coupling caps with some good ones (I used whatever parts I had on hand to build this at first.) I used this schematic:



It was very simple to build and the parts were all available at Radio Shack other than the tube sockets.

-j

1 Comments:

Blogger J Epstein said...

I wouldn't bother, based on my experience. Of course, who knows - maybe there is room to the upside.

Thanks for checking in, David! I miss you DC guys - say hi for me.

-j

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home