11/14/2008

The tour I'm on presents good, clean family entertainment, and I'm working with children, some as young as 10.

Which presents a problem - who's gonna be sarcastic and cynical enough for me to talk to?

Well, as it turns out, the band. These are some grizzled vets, with many a bus mile under their belts, and a jaded view to say the least. We've been having some fun in the back of the bus.

This all paid off yesterday when I got a phone call, telling me that my laptop (which I had needed to send back to Apple for repair) was going to require another round-trip back to the repair center. I started to sputter, "I'm traveling all over! And the one I got back is working fine! Can't I do this in January when I get home?" The reply, "No, sir, since you've turned it on already, there will have to be an additional charge if you keep it now."

I was perplexed. Before I could really get pissy, the show's violinist let me down easy - I had been punk'd!

Well, there's nothing like a prank call (unless it's a nickname, which I haven't got yet) to make you feel like one of the gang. I owe you guys one!

Today: Milwaukee USCellular Arena

1 Comments:

Blogger stopshrinkingme said...

they gotcha! you are really an insider now. so happy you have friends on the road.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home